1.) Know what you want
– Always go into a negotiation thinking about the best case scenario
– What do you want realistically? Money? Relationship?
– If you know what you want out of a deal, and what you absolutely need to make it happen, communicate it through out the negotiation
2.) Know your value
– What is your worth? What different ways can you bring value to a brand? Traffic? Influence? Talent?
3.) Think of Win/Win situations.
– How can we BOTH benefit and/or make money?
4.) Communicate Clearly
– Don’t be readable but straight forward about what you want
5.) Don’t take things too personal
– Most people, as should you, look out for themselves in business
6.) Don’t Delay, Don’t Make Decisions based off of your personal feelings about a client.
– Try not to be influenced into a decision